THE NEW TREND SPORT
Footgolf is mostly played without the presence of a referee. The game is based on the honest effort of every single player to show consideration for other players and to play by the rules.
All players should behave in a disciplined manner and show politeness and sportsmanship, no matter how ambitious they may be.
This is the "true spirit of the game".For registration
"OLD GOLF CHIC"
The minimum requirement for the tournament outfit requires:
• A shirt with a collar (polo)
• Knee-length pants
• Knee-high stockings
But it can also happen that certain tournament rules (e.g. in France) still require a cap and argyle socks. In any case, what is undesirable are football outfits of any kind.
With which shoes can I play soccer golf on the course in Upper Austria?
To protect the field, the rules stipulate that either soccer shoes or shoes that are suitable for turf or indoor floors are used. Disregarding this rule can lead to disqualification.
The goal of soccer golf is to play with as few shots as possible in all given holes / goals.
RULES OF THE GAME
- The ball is kicked directly from the ground with the foot. Each touch of the ball is counted as a shot. Special obstacles can be found at the start of the lane on the start board and on the score card.
- There is a specified number for each lane, this is a guideline for the number of shots.
- A flight consists of one to a maximum of four players who start the game at the same time and play “against each other”.
TO MAKE THE GAME FAIR, YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW A FEW SIMPLE RULES:
- Each player has a ball that should be easy to identify (color, marking)!
- The ball must be played in ONE movement. Every touch of the ball counts as a shot.
- The ball may only be played from the ground and in a passive state. If the ball is moved by the wind, it is played from where it comes to. However, this does not count to the tea. If it is touched by other players or another ball, it must be returned to its previous location.
- The shot takes place between the start markings in the area within two meters (to the rear) and can be placed anywhere. Whoever gets "the honor" to start the hole determines the starting order. The player with the best result of the previous hole has the honor to play the following holes. Second, the player with the second best result starts and so on. After all players have shot, the player whose ball is furthest from the hole makes the next shot.
- Basically, the ball is played from where it is. Moving obstacles that block the ball, and interfere may be removed carefully - without moving the ball. If a ball prevents another player from shooting, it may be marked and picked up and must be replaced afterwards.
- If a ball is played into a water hazard (marked by red or yellow poles), the player can:
a)play again as close as possible to where the original ball was last played.
b)Place the ball at any distance in front of the water hazard, with the point at which the previous ball last crossed the boundary of the water hazard, it should be in a straight line between the hole and the point where the ball is placed.
c)play as it is
In the case of variants a) and b), the player receives a penalty shot.
- A ball in out (area that does not belong to the court) must be placed approximately where the shot was made into the out. For this, too, the player receives a penalty shot. The out is marked by white stakes.
- The game continues until all players have drived their balls in the hole. Then the shots of the individual players are added up and recorded on the scorecard.
The winner is the player who needs the least number of shots with 9 holes!